Take your average original stew and spice it up to create a tasty and easy alternative. The lack of meat will have you feeling light, but all the delicious vegetables and infused flavors will fill you up to the brim.
Utilize your slow cooker function on your instant pot to surprise your whole family with a succulent dinner. Serve with couscous.
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 8 Hours and 15 minutes Total time: 8 Hours and 30 minutes Quantity: 6 serving
- 1 small butternut squash (peeled, cubed)
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled, diced)
- 1 can tomatoes (diced, skinless)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained, rinsed)
- 1 cup dried apricots (sliced)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set your instant pot to its sauté setting on high heat.
- Combine the butternut and sweet potato in the slow cooker. Lightly fry the vegetables until it is starting to change color.
- Add the tomatoes, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper to the pot.
- Change the instant pot to its slow cooker function, on a low heat setting. Close and seal the instant pot and cook on the low heat for about eight hours.
- Thirty minutes before the time is up, add the chickpeas and apricots and let it cook for the remaining thirty minutes.
- Dish up over a bed of couscous and sprinkle with the chopped parsley before serving.