Delicious vegan pea soup recipe that reminds me of my grandmother’s pea soup. Economical and delicious on the palate.
Preparation: 15 Minutes Cooking time: 60 Minutes Quantity: 8 servings 235 calories per serving
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 3 carrots cut into small pieces
- 1 cubed potato
- 1 can whole peas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup red lentil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 8 cups of water
- Cayenne powder to taste
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot, heat the oil and sauté the onion and celery.
- Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, until carrots and peas break apart.
- Let cool and put half the soup in a blender and put it back with the rest.
Another vegan pea soup recipe: