This recipe is perfect for kids who love chicken kibble, a healthier version!
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Quantity: 4 servings
310 calories per serving
- 1 block of tofu cut into several rectangles
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of bread crumbs
- Olive oil for cooking
Mustard sauce with honey
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the honey mustard sauce and set aside.
- In a plate, put the flour. In a second deep plate, put the beaten egg in it and in a third plate, put the breadcrumbs on it.
- For each rectangle of tofu, coat each side in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Put the tofu sticks and cook on each side for 1 minute. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve tofu croquettes with honey mustard sauce.
Our best kitchen accessories at unbeatable prices!
Another variation of this recipe:
K · 21 June 2020 at 3h49
Great recipe, thanks for sharing! I love that it’s a quick and simple recipe and it’s delicious. We’ve been looking for meatless recipes (the simpler and quicker, the better) and came across this recipe so we thought we’d try it. We only made the tofu croquette and not the sauce (we used our own sauce), but it was still a good recipe.
Nicolas Desjardins · 23 June 2020 at 12h13
Thanks for your comment, is there an improvement that could be done to this recipe?
K · 25 June 2020 at 20h42
I don’t think the recipe needs improvement to be honest. We made modifications because of preference/what we had on hand: We didn’t have mustard to make the sauce; we didn’t have bread crumbs so we used panko instead; and we prefer not to use a lot of oil to fry. We cook tofu a lot, but usually in the same way so it was great to try something different. I look forward to trying your other recipes!