Did you ever think you’d be able to cook an entire meal using one pot only? Oh yes, it’s true — I’m about to make you fall in love with your instant pot even more!
Use your instant pot with its attachments and inserts to cook an entire meal on different levels, still in the same pot! Impress your family and friends by cooking this tasty salmon dinner with vegetables in your instant pot!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
Total time: 8 minutes
Quantity: 2 servings
347 calories per serving
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small sweet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 frozen salmon fillets
- 1 orange (thinly sliced)
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into big pieces
- salt, to taste
- fish spice, to taste
- Coat the inside of your instant pot with olive oil.
- Pack a layer of potatoes into the pot, coat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and spices.
- Pour the water on top of the potatoes.
- Place the trivet that came with your instant pot on top of the potatoes. Pack half of the orange slices on top of the trivet.
- Add the salmon fillets on top of the orange slices, skin down. Be sure not to place them on top of each other.
- Generously season the salmon fillets and cover it with a layer of orange slices.
- Place the small aluminum companion bowl of your instant pot on top of the orange slices and put the broccoli pieces into the bowl. Cover with oil and spice to taste.
- Close and seal the instant pot and set to high heat on the manual function for three minutes.
- Release the steam and use oven mitts to remove the aluminum bowl from the instant pot. Remove the salmon fillets using a spatula and use a soup spoon to dish up the sweet potato at the bottom.
- Divide the food between two plates and enjoy your meal!