Rava Upma RecipeAnother great recipe directly from India!
- 1 cup semolina (couscous)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, ghee or butter
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable soup
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 1 Curry leaf
- 1 small onion, preferably cut into small pieces
- 2 cups water
- To make a Rava Upma that is not sticky, it is necessary to grill the semolina before on a medium fire until they become crisp. Do not burn the semolina otherwise the flavor will not be at the rendezvous.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add vegetable broth, cumin and mustard seeds. Fry until they turn yellow.
- Add the curry leaves and the onion.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Then put the fire on medium.
- Add semolina gradually while stirring.
- Cover the mixture with a canopy and cook until the water has evaporated.
- Remove from fire.
- Stir the mixture once and replace the lid until cool.
NotesYour delicious upma rava is ready to be tasted.
Hello everyone, I am the main writer for SIND Canada. I’ve been writing articles for more than 10 years and I like sharing my knowledge. I’m currently writing for many websites and newspaper. All my ideas come from my very active lifestyle. I always keep myself very informed to give you the best information. In all my years as computer scientist made me become an incredible researcher. I believe that any information should be free, we want to know more every day because we learn everyday. You can contact me on our forum or by email at: email@example.com.