For a lighter meal that can serve as a late afternoon stomach filler, one of our favorites is the pork and lettuce wrap, simply because it is so refreshing.
A healthy alternative from a bag of crisps or a slab of chocolate, this recipe loves your body by including lots of healthy elements such as wheat berries, peanut oil, and even fish sauce. In fact, we didn’t even feel like we were on a diet when we had this!
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 90 minutes Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes Quantity: 4 servings 279 calories per serving
- 500g lean pork (ground)
- 6 medium spring onions (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves (minced)
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup of wheat berries (dried)
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Set your instant pot to its manual function and pour the wheat berries and three cups of water into the pot.
- Close and seal the instant pot and cook it on its highest setting for 30 minutes. Once the time is up, use the pressure release valve to release the pressure. Remove the lid and drain the berries into a colander.
- After wiping out the instant pot, set the instant pot to its sauté function and heat up the peanut oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the ground pork and cook for five minutes, while crumbling with a spoon.
- Once the pork has cooked through, add the spring onion, brown sugar, fish sauce, Sriracha sauce, and the lime juice. Mix until the sugar has melted in.
- Once the sugar has melted in, add the wheat berries and immediately turn off the heat.
- Use the lettuce leaves as small bowls and dish up about 2 tablespoons into each leaf. Serve immediately.