Nachos are pretty amazing and chicken nachos even better. Hold on to your seats, though, we’re about to remake everyone’s favorite snack into a delicious, tasty and spicy dinner.
If you don’t have time to prepare everything at once, you can prepare the chicken mole beforehand and just add the nachos when you’re all ready to eat. Try out this delicious recipe and let us know what your friends think about it!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Quantity: 8 servings
383 calories per serving
- 800g chicken thighs (bone-in, skinless)
- 1 medium avocado (chopped)
- ¼ cup radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 can whole tomatoes (undrained)
- 30g hot chilies (chopped)
- 1 packet of tortilla chips, like Doritos
- 2 tbsp toasted almonds (sliced)
- 30g semisweet chocolate (finely grated)
- 2 medium chipotle peppers
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tsp cumin (ground)
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp cinnamon (ground)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves (fresh)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Soak the chillies in a bowl of hot water for ten minutes.
- Drain the water from the bowl and remove stems and seeds, to be discarded.
- Use a blender to process the chillies, onion, tomatoes, peppers, chocolate, water, almonds, cumin, raisins, cinnamon and salt. Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Place the chicken thighs into your instant pot and pour the mixture over the chicken. Make sure all the pieces are thoroughly coated with the sauce. Close and seal the instant pot and set it on its manual function, but the highest setting for 15 minutes.
- Release the pressure using the pressure release valve and carefully open the pot. Remove all the chicken breasts and separate the meat from the bones, shredding the meat as you go.
- Set your instant pot to its sauté function and cook the sauce until it has slightly thickened, occasionally stirring the mixture.
- Once the sauce has thickened, return the shredded chicken to the instant pot and cook for roughly a minute, or until all pieces are heated.
- Spread your tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Top with the chicken mole mixture, chilli slices, sour cream, avocado, radishes, cilantro and cheese.