These delicious little bites will delight all guests.
Preparation: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: 12 to 14 minutes
Quantity: 24 mini cakes
355 calories per serving
For the background:
- 1 buttered muffin tin
- 1/3 cup softened or melted butter
- 1 cup Graham or oreo bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg
For the cream cheese mix:
- 375g softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 14 caramels in cubes
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- In a bowl, combine egg, butter, brown sugar and bread crumbs. Put the mixture in the bottom of the muffin pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 350 F by putting the rack in the center.
- In another bowl, beat together the sugar and cream cheese.
- Add the egg and vanilla until you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the 2nd mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Refrigerate then to cool completely.
- In a bain-marie, heat the caramels and the milk to obtain a homogeneous and liquid mixture.
- Pour a little caramel sauce over the mini-cakes and put them back in the fridge for 1 hour.