Delicious vegetarian pogo recipe that appeals to young and old.
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 15 Minutes
Quantity: 7 servings
175 calories per serving
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of fine cornmeal
- 8 vegetarian sausages
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup or more milk as needed
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wooden sticks
- Store-bought ketchup and mustard to serve with
- Oil for frying
- Put parchment paper on a baking sheet. Pat the sausages dry with paper towels and insert a wooden stick in the center.
- Spread them on the baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and put them in the freezer for 1.5 hours.
- Heat the oil to 375 C in a saucepan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the milk and the egg.
- Prepare a plate with paper towels.
- Dip the frozen sausages in the batter so that it is well coated and remove the excess.
- Fry the Pogos by turning them over so that they are nicely browned.
- Mop up the excess oil on the paper towel.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard.