Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Quantity: 4 Dozens
120 calories per serving
(2 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
- ½ cup softened or melted butter
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients together (baking soda, cardamom, flour, salt, ginger, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg).
- In another bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and molasses. Add the egg and mix again.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and add the milk.
- Make 2 disks with the dough, wrap with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 350 F. Put parchment paper on a baking sheet and put the oven rack in the center.
- Flour the table and with a rolling pin, form a dough 5mm thick (1/4 inch).
- With the cookie cutter, cut the men into gingerbread. Spread on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, one plate at a time.
- Decorate cookies as they cool and enjoy.
Our best kitchen accessories at unbeatable prices!