Nothing better on a cold winter evening than a comforting carrot cream.
Preparation: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: 35 Minutes
Quantity: 6 servings
145 calories per serving
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 4 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 large potato, cut into cubes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Fresh coriander
- In a large saucepan, soften the onions in the oil.
- Add carrots, potato, celery, vegetable broth, soy sauce and cumin.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes over low heat or until the vegetables are tender. Salt and pepper.
- In a blender, reduce the soup to a smooth puree.
- When ready to serve, garnish each bowl with sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
Our best kitchen accessories at unbeatable prices!