There is no meal as hearty as a beef stew and once again, your new instant pot will simplify the cooking of this meal significantly! Don’t have time? You only need about 10 minutes to prepare and start your meal — thereafter it’s your instant pot’s problem!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Quantity: 6 servings
463 calories per serving
- 1 kg beef goulash (blocks)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 large potato (peeled, diced)
- 3 carrots (peeled, diced)
- 250 button mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 celery stalks (chopped)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 bay leaves
- garlic salt (to taste)
- 1-litre beef broth
- thickening agent
- Set the pot to its sauté function and insert the butter. Wait for it to melt, while coating the meat chunks with the garlic salt.
- Insert the meat chunks and sauté for 4 – 5 minutes, turning continuously until all sides are browned.
- Once the meat has been browned, remove it from the instant pot and set it aside for later.
- Add the onion and sauté it until it turns soft. Then sprinkle salt over it and sauté in the instant pot until the onions have completely caramelized.
- Cancel the sauté function and add all the other ingredients to the instant pot (except the thickening agent), including the meat chunks.
- Set the instant pot to its pressure cook function on its highest heat setting for 35 minutes.
- Let the pot lose its pressure naturally, which takes about 30 minutes.
- Depending on how watery the mixture is, whisk in some of the thickening agents until you are satisfied with the consistency.
- Season to taste and use a ladle to dish the stew mix onto a bed of brown rice.