Imagine that your father is the richest man on the planet. That is the life of Xavier Musk, whose surname might ring a bell in your mind. But despite his father’s fame, there is sparse information about Xavier Musk available online.
Xavier Musk’s net worth
Xavier Musk directly benefits from the wealth of his father. Xavier is still a minor. Elon Musk’s net worth is over $300 billion, amassing prestige that even surpasses the coffers of autocrats and sovereigns. He sends spacecraft into outer space, leads the leading electric vehicle manufacturer worldwide, and plans to create a colony on Mars. He is also an influential icon in cryptocurrencies, AI, and tunnel construction.
Indeed, Xavier Musk has a tall shadow to overcome as Elon’s son. What would his career be as he grows up? Would he be as wealthy as his father? Only time will tell.
Xavier Musk’s birthday
Xavier Musk was born on April 15, 2004. Born through in vitro fertilization, he is an American citizen. On a Twitter post, Elon Musk said that he named his son Xavier after Professor X, a leading character in Marvel’s X-Men.
Xavier has a twin brother named Griffin. They studied at Ad Astra, the private school owned and funded by Elon Musk. With them are children of SpaceX employees and qualified students.
Xavier Musk’s height
According to metrics on the Internet, Xavier Musk’s height is 5’4”, and his weight is fifty kilograms. The calculations provided by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute says that he has a healthy body-mass index. He has a slim body. Like his parents, Xavier Musk has black iris and blonde hair.
Xavier Musk’s family
Xavier Musk’s parents are Elon Musk and Justine Wilson-Musk. We will devote this section to Justine Wilson-Musk, a novel author for young adults.
Justine was born in Ontario. She finished English Literature in Canada. Then, Justine taught English to Japanese children. When she moved to California, she met and married Elon Musk. Justine got pregnant after two years.
Unfortunately, their first son died because of sudden infant death syndrome. Struck by this tragedy, the couple decided to use in vitro fertilization to have kids. They had five more children: Xavier, Griffin, Kai, Saxon, and Damian. (The last three are triplets.)
Sadly, Elon and Justine filed for divorce on September 13, 2008. Justine said their marriage was unhealthy because Elon constantly mocked and discouraged her.
Elon remarried soon after to Talulah Riley in 2010. They divorced two years later and got wed again in 2013. Finally, they terminated their marriage in 2016. Elon dated another musician, Grimes, in 2018. They had a son weirdly named X AE A-XII.
His father, Elon Musk
Since we are talking about the son of the richest man worldwide, we must know his father, Elon Musk. Knowing this will help us appreciate the family where Xavier has been privileged to belong.
Elon Musk’s life. Born on June 28, 1971, Elon Reeve Musk is the head of SpaceX, Tesla, The Boring Company, Neuralink, and OpenAI. He also works as an investor, architect, chief engineer, and magnate. During the pandemic, Elon Musk reached over $250 billion in assets and net worth, making him the richest man worldwide.
His father, Errol Musk, is a genius. Aside from being a co-owner of an emerald mine in Zambia, Errol Musk is a property developer, engineer, and pilot. Elon Musk’s mother, Maye Haldeman Musk, is a dietitian. Their marriage brought forth Elon, Kimbal, and Tosca. Unfortunately, they split in 1980. Elon had to reside with his father, but he grew up despising him. He even had step-siblings from his father’s cheating. In interviews, Elon Musk called him evil and terrible.
Elon Musk grew up in South Africa. When he was ten years old, he became curious about video games, programming, and computers. When he was twelve years old, Elon Musk sold a video game made with BASIC. He also wrote a magazine about the emerging computer technologies then. From these projects, Elon Musk earned $500. He faced intense bullying. One time, he even suffered from injuries after being pushed on a staircase.
He traveled to Ontario, Canada, when he turned 17 (when young men got drafted into the military during that time). In Canada, he gained experience from working at a farm. After studying briefly at Queen’s University, Elon Musk moved to the United States. He finished economics and physics at the University of Pennsylvania. Elon Musk moved to California soon after his graduation.
One summer, Elon Musk became an intern at startup companies in Silicon Valley. He worked at the Pinnacle Research Institute and Rocket Science Games. There, he studied ultracapacitors, energy management, and game development. In 1995, he entered a materials science doctorate at Stanford University, but he left two days after school began.
And like that, his journey to wealth and innovation began. Elon Musk established Zip2, an online mapping service. Four years later, in 1999, Compaq purchased this company for $307 million. Afterward, Elon Musk created X.com (which became Paypal after merging with Confinity a year later.) eBay would later buy Paypal for $1.5 billion in 2002.
During that year, Elon Musk established SpaceX. He became its chief executive officer and chief technology officer. This company manufactures services and parts for space transport and vehicles. Two years later, in 2004, Elon Musk became the chairman of Tesla. (He would become its CEO in 2008.)
He then worked on SolarCity, which got renamed Tesla Energy. This company would sell solar renewable materials and services. Afterward, Elon Musk built OpenAI and Neuralink. They handle artificial intelligence and powerful computer algorithms that imitate the human brain. But that is not all. Elon Musk also launched The Boring Company, which is concerned about building tunnels.
Given his fame and impact on society, Elon Musk has faced so much criticism and outrage in his career. He got sued for defamation and false claims as well. Aside from these, Elon Musk became controversial for his comments about Covid-19 and Bitcoin.
Elon Musk’s career. Since 1995, Elon Musk has gained millions of dollars for launching successful companies and projects. Here are some of them:
- Zip2 serves as an online city guide with maps and contact information. Its target audience was journalists, publishers, and the media. Prestigious companies like the Chicago Tribune and The New York Times made agreements with Elon Musk because they found Zip2 appealing. When he was still developing this online service, he slept on an office couch because he could not pay rent. But when Compaq bought Zip2 for over $300 million four years later, Elon Musk got $22 million.
- com was an online payment service that Elon Musk co-founded. The US federal government recognized X.com early on, so they had over 200,000 clients some months after they went online. Then, X.com got purchased by Confinity, which owned PayPal. The two services merged soon after. Finally, in 2002, eBay bought PayPal. Elon Musk gained $100 million from the purchase.
- SpaceX is one of Elon Musk’s lasting legacies to humankind and space exploration. In 2001, he got motivated to invest in creating a Martian civilization. So he went to Russia to purchase intercontinental ballistic missiles and rockets. Elon Musk planned to use these to deliver products to outer space. Because the Russians mocked him and charged him expensively, Elon Musk decided to establish the Space Exploration Technologies Corporation or SpaceX. He had over one hundred million dollars in assets, after all. He has been the chief executive officer and the chief engineer of this company for over a decade.
- In 2006, SpaceX launched its first rocket, Falcon 1. It was unsuccessful, but the National Aeronautics and Space Administration supported the company through a contract. This 2006 launch was followed by two failures, giving Elon Musk intense stress, nightmares, and bodily pain.
- In 2008, they finally got to launch Falcon 1 into outer space. This achievement makes SpaceX the first private company to launch rockets fueled by nitrogen. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration awarded $1.6 billion to create rockets and space vehicles to the International Space Station.
- In 2015, SpaceX launched the Falcon 9, its model for reusable rockets. They also tested their drone ship for ocean landings.
- In 2017, SpaceX brought the Falcon Heavy to space. It is a reusable rocket that can carry weighty cargo. Falcon Heavy launched Elon Musk’s Tesla car to outer space. The company also started its Starship program. A year later, SpaceX released its plan to orbit the moon in a private flight in 2023.
- In 2020, SpaceX launched a crew of astronauts into the International Space Station. This company became the first private enterprise to do so.
- Tesla got founded in 2003, and Elon Musk invested $6.5 million a year later. It makes him the chairman and one of the co-founders of the company. In 2008, this company created a sports car run by electricity and lithium-ion battery. A decade later, in 2019, Tesla launched their electric pickup truck. At present, their Model 3 sedan is the most-bought electric car worldwide. In October 2021, Tesla reached a value of $1 trillion.
- Elon Musk got charged by the Securities and Exchange Commission because of his tweet that Tesla will become a private company. The commission declared his statement as misleading, and it wanted to ban Musk from becoming a chief executive officer of public companies. Elon Musk settled the case with the Securities and Exchange Commission, paying over $20 million.
- In 2019, Elon Musk got into trouble again because he said that Tesla would create five hundred thousand electric cars that year.
- SolarCity is a manufacturer of solar energy products and batteries which Elon Musk conceptualized and founded. In 2016, Tesla bought SolarCity for two billion dollars. Elon Musk got sued because of this. Investors claimed that he acquired SolarCity to enrich himself only.
- Neuralink is another one of Elon Musk’s brainchildren. This company aims to infuse artificial intelligence and machinery into the human brain. Elon Musk claimed that their future devices might cure sensory disorders and paralysis, but neurologists disproved Elon Musk.
- The Boring Company builds tunnels as its primary service. So far, they have already completed a tunnel in Las Vegas. The company also created flamethrowers.
- The Hyperloop is a vacuum tube train project that Elon Musk proposed. This vehicle can travel in hypersonic velocities (up to 8,000 kilometers per hour) with less energy consumption. He said this system to be built between San Francisco and Los Angeles for six billion dollars. Then, Elon Musk launched a design contest for students and engineers for the Hyperloop.
Elon Musk’s other controversies. Some Tesla employees claim that he is a paranoid, reckless, sociopathic bully with corrupt behavior. There are reports as well that he throws rampages and tantrums. The Vanity Fair magazine and The New York Times also claim that Elon Musk gets connected to Jeffrey Epstein, a notorious molester of minors. However, Elon Musk and his spokesperson denied these charges.
In 2018, Elon Musk ordered his company to create a small submarine to rescue the Thai children trapped in a cave. Using Falcon 9’s components, SpaceX engineers delivered the pod to Thailand. Elon Musk received recognition from the Thai King later, gaining the Order of the Direkgunabhorn. But Vernon Unsworth, an adviser during the rescue crisis, attacked Elon Musk and his project. He said that it was only a publicity stunt. In response, Elon Musk called Vernon Unsworth a pedophile and a jackass.
These statements prompted Vernon Unsworth to sue Elon Musk for libel. To make the case worse, Elon Musk hired a private investigator to examine Vernon Unsworth’s life. The man Elon Musk employed a convicted felon for fraud. But, in the end, the jury of the Los Angeles federal court said that Elon Musk was not liable for libel.
Elon Musk had another controversy in 2018. He was Joe Rogan’s guest in his leading podcast show. During their talk for two hours, Elon Musk willingly puffed from a tube of tobacco and cannabis (at least, that was what Joe Rogan said). But Elon Musk said that he does not know how to smoke those drugs. This issue did not affect the partnership between SpaceX and the United States Air Force as well, according to a military spokesperson.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, Elon Musk got heavily criticized for his comments and “misinformation” concerning the disease. He said that chloroquine could treat Covid-19, those who panic from Covid-19 are “dumb,” and that children are immune from it. Furthermore, he said that doctors manipulate fatality statistics. Elon Musk also violated lockdown orders.
Elon Musk’s charity. He has been leading the Musk Foundation since 2002. It devotes its resources and funding to providing solar energy to people struck by disasters. The foundation also supported the BigGreen organization, Wikimedia, and his alma mater, the University of Pennsylvania. (You might find it humorous that their website has a plain HTML format with only 33 words.) In 2021, Elon Musk declared that he would give $100 million to anyone who could innovate the best carbon capture and storage system.
Elon Musk’s wealth. In 2012, Elon Musk became a billionaire with his two-billion-dollar assets. But his net worth spiked dramatically in 2020. When the year of the pandemic began, he had $150 billion. But in the latter parts of 2020, he surpassed Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates. Finally, with over $185 billion, Elon Musk gained more wealth than Jeff Bezos.
In November 2021, Elon Musk’s net worth exceeded $300 billion. He is the first man to achieve this feat in recorded history.
Most of Elon Musk’s assets come from Tesla. The company does not provide him with a salary. But his income is based on the value and profits of Tesla. Elon Musk claims that he is poor from cash and physical belongings. Whenever people criticize him for amassing wealth, he claims to devote his resources to helping humankind reach other planets.
Elon Musk’s political involvement. He provides funding to Democrats and Republicans and criticizes politicians from both parties. Elon Musk attacked Donald Trump for his climate change policies. During the 2020 election cycle, he supported Andrew Yang and his policy about money to every citizen.
Elon Musk triggered the LGBT community on Twitter by criticizing pronouns. Furthermore, he also supported the imposition of a carbon tax and provided subsidies.
Elon Musk’s fame. He is an icon in popular media, appearing in television series, movies, and Internet memes. In China, his name gets trademarked for labeling and design. Elon Musk also received honors from the Royal Society, Yale University, the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, and the Royal Aeronautical Society. Time Magazine also got recognized as 2021’s Person of the Year.
No matter what people think about Elon Musk, the fact remains that he will influence humanity’s progress in the decades ahead. He will drive society’s progress away from fossil fuels and into the stars.