I love these vegetarian cheese balls! I incorporate them into my spaghetti sauce or I simply eat them with a sweet and sour sauce.
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Quantity: 4 servings
210 calories per serving
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup finely chopped red onions
- ½ cup finely chopped red peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 C and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cheeses and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into a small ball and spread them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the meatballs are golden.