Top Rated Gluten-free Desserts To Cook In a College Dorm
Most college students end up consuming whatever food is available at the time. This is usually down to stress and the lack of time. However, eating healthy can be not only easy to do as well but also delicious. In this article, we go over 3 top-rated gluten-free desserts that are easy to make even if you’re in college.
3 Top Rated Gluten-free Desserts To Cook In College Dorm
Gluten is a protein found in the wheat plant and other grains. Aside from providing no essential nutrients, gluten also causes a reaction in certain people with celiac disease. If you’re allergic to gluten, or you would like to cook without it, here are 3 recipes you should consider: Chocolate Mug Cake, Breakfast Sandwich, Mac and Cheese. If you think that cooking in a college dorm takes time, you are right. But you can trust essay writing tasks to professional writers and get a few spare hours to cook or meal prep for a week.
1. Chocolate Mug Cake
Almost everyone loves chocolate, and it’s also healthy food; thus, you’re likely to find this recipe a hit at whatever party or event you’re planning. The ingredients might be a little hard to get for this particular recipe, but the result will be worth it.
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp gluten-free flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine all your dry ingredients into a bowl, mix, add liquid ingredients, and stir. Once the mixture is smooth, pour it into a coffee mug(s).
- Microwave for 35 to 40 minutes. After, you can let it cool down before eating.
- For frosting, you can use Nutella chocolate or any ice cream.
2. Breakfast Sandwich
This is great healthy food to eat and can be microwaved. One of the ingredients, bacon, can even be pre-cooked, so this recipe is fast.
- Sliced cheese
- Gluten-free bagel
- Crack and add your eggs into your microwave-safe bowl and cook until they are done.
- Next, you take your bacon, place it on a paper towel, and heat it for a few seconds -The aim is to get it chewy but not burnt.
- Finally, you take your bagel and place your eggs on top, followed by your sliced cheese and cooked bacon. As an extra step, you can decide to heat the sandwich for a couple of more seconds.
3. Mac and Cheese
Students enjoy mac and cheese because it tastes great and can also be easy to make. In addition, you don’t need much regarding ingredients, so it’s also relatively cheap. In this recipe, we’ll use a cup to contain the mac and cheese, but you can also use a box.
- A quarter cup of gluten-free noodles
- Half a cup of water
- Shredded cheeses
- Add your noodles into a microwave-safe bowl, and add half a cup of water.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes while checking at 2-minute intervals if it’s done.
- Drain all the water (if any), add your shredded cheese and milk, and recook for 30 to 40 seconds.
Dessert, while occasionally taken, doesn’t always have to be unhealthy. There are so many recipes online that you can easily make a fantastic dessert that’s both delicious and healthy. Hopefully, this article has helped provide you with some recipe ideas you can use next time you’re in the kitchen.
Carl Hill is a freelance writer and food nutritionist. He firmly believes we are what we eat, and as a result, he is very careful when planning his meals. In addition, to help others, Carl often shares helpful articles on eating healthy.