Jonathan Loughran Information
Some celebrities are not as famous but make a name for themselves. In the comedic genre, Jonathan Loughran is one of them. Jonathan Loughran is a television and movie actor with typical comedic roles.
Jonathan Loughran’s biography
Jonathan Loughran was born on November 3, 1966, in the United States of America. He is Caucasian. Although nobody in the public knows about his academic life growing up, some speculate that he studied in a local school. After all, he does not share his educational background with people.
In 1989, he pursued an acting career through small movie roles. Eventually, he became close friends with Adam Sandler, a popular comedian, and actor. They first met at a comedy club.
He does not share what he does for a living outside the film industry. But some estimate that Jonathan Loughran has around three million dollars in assets and properties.
Jonathan Loughran’s family
Jonathan Loughran is a silent and private person online. He does not share information about his family and his life. People only know that Jonathan Loughran’s wife is named Kat. They got wed in 2009. Available images show that they lead simple, family-oriented lives. One of their daughters is named Haylie Loughran.
According to online sources, Jonathan Loughran is 6’4” tall and weighs 154 pounds. The BMI calculator of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute shows that Jonathan Loughran has a healthy body-mass index.
The Loughran name
Jonathan Loughran’s name finds its roots in the Norman Invasion during the 11th century. As Norman families thrived in Northern Ireland, they adopted the Loughran surname from a Gaelic word meaning “radiance.” Ancient records show this name in the Ulster Province of Ireland from the fourteenth to the sixteenth centuries.
People with this name also reached Australia as one of the first convicts brought to the penal colony. Bridget Loughran, a helper from Ireland, got imprisoned in New South Wales in 1837 for stealing. She was jailed there for seven years.
In New Zealand, people named Loughran immigrated in the 19th century to become sea hunters, businessmen, and missionaries. They also established farms, traded, and settled with Maori people. It took them six months to reach New Zealand from the British Islands.
During the First World War, a certain Patrick Loughran from Ireland died in the Lusitania ship. This torpedo bombing incident would encourage the United States to enter the war.
As Ireland faced severe poverty and famines in the 19th century, millions of Irish families journeyed to the United States. Some of them brought the Loughran surname to the continent, and among them were Jonathan Loughran’s ancestors.
In the first decades of the 20th century, most of the Loughran’s in the United States had simple jobs. Most of the male Loughran’s were workers, clerks, agents, and firefighters. Meanwhile, the women worked as teachers, secretaries, and shopgirls.
Famous people with the Loughran surname
Aside from Jonathan Loughran, many icons sharing his surname brought pride to their family name and heritage. These are the famous Loughran people listed based on their birth year:
- William Loughran was famous as an excellent baseball player in the later years of the 19th century.
- John Thomas Loughran became a prominent judge at the New York Court of Appeals during the past century.
- Beatrice Loughran, a figure skater born in 1900, won three Olympic medals for the United States. She would become hailed at the Figure Skating Hall of Hame two decades after her death in 1997.
- Thomas Patrick Loughran was an undefeated boxing champion born in 1902. He would pass away eighty years later.
- John Lewis Loughran served as the ambassador of the United States to Somalia in 1975.
- Frank Loughran established football in Australia as an excellent player of the sport.
- James Loughran served as the world-class conductor of the British Broadcasting Corporation Scottish Symphony Orchestra, the Bamberg Symphony Orchestra, and the National Orchestra of Wales for several years.
- Paul Loughran is a renowned soap opera actor who won at the British Academy of Film and Television.
Jonathan Loughran’s jobs and movies
In his career as an actor and a comedian, Jonathan Loughran starred in different movies and shows:
- Sexbomb, released in 1989, is a cheap pornographic film. In this movie, the female protagonist wants to kill his husband who is a director. She will then use his films to cover up the murder. In this movie, Jonathan Loughran is named Barry.
- The 1996 movie Bulletproof is a comedy/action film starred by Adam Sandler. It involves two criminal friends who parted ways because one of them was a cop. But, eventually, they reunited because the policeman had to protect his criminal friend who became a protected witness. In this movie, Jonathan Loughran is a police officer.
- The Waterboy, a 1998 film also led by Adam Sandler, portrays a humble waterboy for a football team. He could tackle bigger people, so the coach hired him as a star football player for the college. In this movie, Jonathan Loughran is a student named Lyle.
- Big Daddy shows the story of a law school graduate who enjoys a luxurious lifestyle. But when his girlfriend broke up with him, the male protagonist decided to adopt a kid. His struggles were depicted in this 1999 comedy film. In this movie, Jonathan Loughran is named Mike.
- Late Last Night is a restricted film. Its plot is centered on a man facing a divorce. To lighten up, his friend brought him to a night of vice and intoxication. This movie was released in 1999, and Jonathan depicts the character of Nitro.
- Little Nicky, a film released in 2000, portrays a kid with an angel and the devil as his parents. He has two devilish brothers who want to ruin the earth, so it is Nicky’s job to save the earth from his father and brothers. Jonathan Loughran is named John in Little Nicky.
- Undeclared, a TV series that ran from 2001 to 2003, shows the lives of college students in a co-ed dorm room. They have different personalities and backstories, making the show funnier. Jonathan Loughran portrays himself in this series.
- Punch-Drunk Love, released in 2002, is another R-18 movie starred by Adam Sandler. In this movie, his character struggled with his family. Because of this, he chose to live alone and have a bizarre relationship with a woman over the phone. At the same time, he bonded with his sister’s friend. This is the story of his healing. Jonathan Loughran briefly appeared here as a caller with a wrong number.
- The Master of Disguise is about an Italian family with miraculous talents of disguise. The protagonist named Pistachio had to save his father who got kidnapped by criminals. Their leader, Devlin Bowman, will use Pistachio’s father to steal treasures. Pistachio must save his father before the criminals get to murder his family. In this movie, Jonathan Loughran is a security guard. Jonathan Loughran is a security guard in this film.
- Eight Crazy Nights is an animated Christmas movie. This film shows the life of Davey Stone, an adult whose partying wildness went too much. Instead of being jailed, the judge ordered him to serve as an assistant referee rather than get jailed. However, he stood at odds with the kind and gentle referee. This is the story of Davey Stone’s redemption and the spirit of Christmas. In this animated film, Jonathan Loughran is a cop.
- In National Security, two rejected police officers in Los Angeles became security guards. But, despite their low ranking, they discovered a crime syndicate smuggling system. They had to fight both the criminals and the police officers in the movie. Jonathan Loughran’s role here was a police officer.
- Anger Management is another Adam Sandler film that became famous worldwide. Released in 2003, in this movie, the protagonist got involved in a misunderstanding that spiraled out of control. Because of this, the court placed him in an anger management program. But his therapist (portrayed by Adam Sandler) has psychopathic tendencies. In this movie, Jonathan Loughran played a character named Nate.
- Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star is the story of an unpopular actor who used to be famous as a child. Mocked by Hollywood and celebrities, Dickie Roberts wants to prove them wrong and become well-known again. To achieve the movie role he wants, Dickie Roberts decided to get adopted by a suburban family. In this movie, Jonathan Loughran portrayed himself.
- Kill Bill: Volume 1 shows the life of a woman in an assassination group. When she got pregnant, the female protagonist chose to flee and lead a normal life. But days before she got married, the group shot everybody in the rehearsal. The woman woke up after four years, learning that her baby died. This movie is the story of her revenge and retribution. In Kill Bill: Volume 1, Jonathan Loughran is a trucker.
- The 2004 film 50 First Dates is about the unique love story of the characters portrayed by Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. The male protagonist, Henry (Adam Sandler), liked dating women without commitments. But this changed when he met Lucy (Drew Barrymore), whom he believed is the love of her life. On the day they met, they had so much fun together, to the point that both of them fell in love. But, the next day, Henry is shocked—Lucy does not recognize him. He would realize that Lucy has a severe memory problem, so Henry was determined to make her love him every day. In this movie, Jonathan Loughran played the role of Jennifer.
- Grandma’s Boy is a restricted film about a wild man named Alex, a video game tester. He moved to his grandmother’s house after wasting his rent payment on prostitutes and having a relationship involving his friend’s mother. This movie is filled with drugs, sexual jokes, nudity, and inappropriate language. In this film, Jonathan Loughran’s character was named Josh.
- The Benchwarmers shows the story of three frequently bullied men. Tired of being push-overs, they decided to train and confront the abusive baseball teams. Jonathan Loughran is an assistant coach in this movie.
- The King of Queens is a TV show that ran from 1998 to 2007. The comedy series is about a couple in New York agitated by the wife’s dad who always finds ways to annoy them. Jonathan Loughran played the character of Bobby in The King of Queens.
- In I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, two firefighters decided to pretend as gay married couples to fund their children’s expenses. But their misadventure would become complicated as an agent started investigating them. In this film, Jonathan Loughran’s character was David Nootzie.
- Get Smart, an action and comedy film released in 2008, shows the story of two American secret agents. After their clandestine headquarters got attacked, the pair went to Russia, attacked goons, and saved their country. In this movie, Jonathan Loughran was a secret agent.
- The House Bunny is a comedy movie depicting the life of a Playboy model who chose to guide a university sorority. Here, Jonathan Loughran was a crossdressing prisoner.
- For a change, Adam Sandler starred in a children’s movie produced by Walt Disney. His 2008 film Bedtime Stories is about a hotel manager with two children. In this movie, the stories he tells them to become true, and his family shared a happy ending. Jonathan Loughran played the role of a guest in this movie.
- Grown Ups shows the lives of five men. Thirty years before the film’s story, they won a basketball championship as twelve-year-old children. But as they reunite at their coach’s funeral, they learned about one another’s struggles and hardships in life. In this 2010 movie, Jonathan Loughran was among the extra characters.
- Just Go With It is another Adam Sandler film released in 2011. In this movie, he pretends to every woman he dates that he is married. But when he met the woman he wants to settle with, he told the same lie. Now, he has to make his assistant pretend as his wife whom he wants to divorce. In this movie, Jonathan Loughran is a pick-up guy.
- Finding Sandler is a 2021 documentary about Adam Sandler’s career. Jonathan Loughran appeared in an interview here, sharing his experiences with the famous actor and comedian.