This crisp pizza recipe on pita bread is so delicious and serves well as an appetizer.
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Quantity: 2 servings
240 calories per serving
- 2 pita breads
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 red or orange chili, sliced
- 2-3 sliced mushrooms
- 4-5 tablespoons pizza sauce
- A few sliced green or black olives
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to “Broil”.
- Put the pitas on a baking sheet and bake for 1 minute. Reserve.
- In a skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium heat. Brown the onions for 2 minutes and cook the rest of the vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
- Spread pizza sauce over the pitas. Garnish with the mixture of vegetables, oregano and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the pizza with mozzarella cheese and bake for 3 minutes.